Monday, October 27, 2008

I Used to Live in Hornsea

This is mostly an exercise to embed a video into my blog.

I was born in Dersingham, England, in 1967; a small country village not far from the Queen's estate at Sandringham. I lived there until I was 7, when we moved to a vilage in East Yorkshire (North Humberside) called Hornsea. I found a video on youtube, which is more a slideshow of pictures of Hornsea but it still gives you a good feel for the place I spent many of my formative years: 1974 - 1980. Unfortunately that video had embed disabled so heres a short video of the waves on the promenade. We used to do the same thing and used to get wet all the time:




Hornsea was a wonderful place to grow up, especially in those days, when children were more free to roam and play. Hornsea is a seaside, holiday destination and I have many fond memories of playing on the beach and walking the dog along the promenade.

2 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

You know, I love the cold, but I wouldn't be playing in the water like that if the weather called for me rugging up like those girls!

Fennelgirl said...

Funny that they stayed to get splashed a second time!